Using the Redispatch Feature
To isolate a single Trading Period of interest and examine it in detail, without having to amend or create Forecast Definitions, by altering any factor affecting the dispatch calculation and immediately re-dispatching the period to observe the outcome.
NOTE: The Re-dispatch feature only operates when the Presentation Interface is in Scenario Data Source mode.
Dispatch Factors that can be altered:
- Nodal Demand
- Unit Offers Quantities and Price (energy and Reserves) for all five bands
- Circuit Capacities
- Equation Constraint Limits
>> To Re-dispatch a single period:
- Place the Presentation Interface into Scenario Data Source mode
- Select the Scenario you wish to examine (or create a new one using the Create button in the Main Window Data Source Manager)
- Use the Information Grids in the Main Window Display Panel to select the factors you wish to alter before re-disptach
- Click the Re-dispatch button on the Scenario Functions Panel
- The Presentation Interface (Map and Information Grids) will now display an updated view of the period as a result of the re-dispatch with the new factor values
NOTE: You can also use separate Windows created from the Main Window to alter dispatch factor values. These windows are also updated with new information resulting from the Re-dispatch.